24 July 2007

Cocktail of the Week: Royal Tea

Oh man, sometimes I am really stupid. If you know me-- and chances are you do, since you're reading this blog-- I do some dumb fucking things.

Today's cocktail comes from my new favorite slightly upscale new Italian-American drinking restaurant, Spill the Wine. I figured it was about time to review the cocktail while under its influence, and so here I am, a little buzzed on a Royal Tea.

I'm pretty stupid because I thought they just had the original thought of putting all this top shelf liquor in a glass-- crown, plymouth, belvedere, some fancy rum, chambord, and a lemon-- and calling it "tea." I mean, who would ever do that? Granted, I've probably had about 3 long islands in my entire life, which is good for me, considering my propensity for being a general lush. Still. It took me halfway through the drink to realize what "Royal Tea" actually referred to.

After the drink was over, the bartender asked me if I had an opinion, as if he knew I was going to write about it in my blog. I said that it tasted like a glass full of liquor, albeit very good liquor. There was no use putting much else but rum and vodka in the drink-- maybe the whiskey was pretty okay-- but the gin and chambord, especially the chambord, were useless in this particular concoction. Still, it was a drink with the taste distinction of being high-class and badass. Yes, a good drink it was.

Anyway, I'm also dumb for ordering that drink at 5 when I can't just pass out and now have to spend the rest of my evening deciding whether I like Robert DeNiro in 1900.

No comments: